1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with tape and tissue mod

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by rukasu, Mar 15, 2007.

1. rukasu

rukasu Member

Hi! I've known about this place for a while, posted here because I've been having some problems. Sorry if this is worded badly so please bear with me haha

I ordered SwapMagic with Magic Keys, but after looking around the internet I read that it's near impossible to get the third component to Magic Keys in with a version 14 Ps2.

So I tried to do the Tape and Tissue method. I opened the back of Ps2, taped down the sensor with around 3 pieces of duct tape, and closed it up. I then put a tissue ball in the hole above the power button and put a little piece of clear tape over it.

I tried turning on the Ps2, worked. Opened the lid, lots of scratching, I could clearly see the disc attempting to move, the game continued to run for a couple more seconds, but then it just died all togheter.

So then I opened the Ps2 again, put another 4 or so pieces of duct tape over the sensor, closed it up, took out the tissue ball and put in a new one (a little bigger this time)

Tried turning on Ps2, worked. Opened the lid, lots of scratching, same thing as before but the game stayed running for maybe a couple more seconds this time.

I'm just curious am I doing something wrong? I was also thinking maybe if it stays for 10 seconds anyways that's enough time to swap the discs when it says to?

Thanks a lot to whoever replies!!!

2. matt85

matt85 Member

Scratching as in the cd is rubbing against something?

Sounds like tape or something is rubbing against the cd.

3. simmo2302

simmo2302 Regular member

how "freely" does the cd move ? when the power is on and game trying to run and when the power is off.

make sure the tape over the inner sensor is not impeding on the laser.