1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Terminator 3: Redemption.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jay33, Sep 4, 2004.

1. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I backed up this game, but when I load it the game goes so far as a screen showing a guy and loading at the bottom. That's as far as it goes...stops right there. I tried re-loading the game using cd loader, but it still hangs at the same spot. Anybody know anthing on this? NTW, I have a ver.4 PS2, Flip-top/swap maigc combo.

2. jay33

jay33 Regular member

Anybody?

3. theinner6

theinner6 Member

same problem here. I'm using swap magic dvd and same thing. stops at the loading screen thats red with the dude lookin at you. I tried the boot disc I use for EA game fixes like at www.swapmagicfix.com and to no avail once again. Someone help!

4. shola

shola Guest

I backed it up and and the same thing happen to me..BUT I used DVDLOADER AND select 5V3 NO PN and it worked fine so if you don't have dvdloader download from here http://homepage.ntlworld.com/zxspeky/noobie_guide.htm burn it with dvddecrypter. To load it
    1.put your dvd swap magic in and let it load
    2.swap for your dvdloader.let it load and then press X
    select 5v3 no pn
    3.When it say change disc PRESS EJECT NOT X
    4.put your dvd swap magic back in the tray and hit eject again to let it load
    5.its going to say change dics by EA METHOD something like that..That mean swap for the game then you press X and the game will load fine..

5. theinner6

theinner6 Member

I have one just like that and it didn't work. Granted it was some weird Spanish version so I'll try this one.

6. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

5V3 NO PN didnt work for me. using the swapmagic cd, cdloader, swapmagic dvd, game.. method. burned at 1 x using ritek ridata dvd-r, burned with decrypter...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    That's My Boy!!
    Halo Special edition Xbox
    V7 Playstation 2
    Plextor px-708A 8xdvd-/+rw.:: Tdk 420n 4dvd+r/rw
    :.:. Shit Happens When you Party Naked :.:.:.[/small]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2004
  7. theinner6

theinner6 Member

yo man. the dvdloader is the EXACT same one I used before. Theres no 5v pn crap on it. its the stupid spanish one. Which link are you talking about on the site.

8. lalopak

lalopak Member

My son had the same problem as everyone here, he played the orginal to a level, the guy who is repairing t-3. The game would not fully load from his memory card when using his back up. It seems the game locks u out after a level. We are able to play the game using the SM cd , then cdloader (beta 5v3 no pin ), then the SMdvd boot. I think this game is looking for a third check when using memory card and back up game. We can make it load (from the guy looking at you ) with the orginal game. You might want to look at the swap magic site for more info about cd/dvd loaders and how to use.

9. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

this game seems to be a pain in the neck.. ill just get it for my modded xbox. god i hope a good solderless chip like the x2.3blite+ comes out for the ps2, or something similar, because all the swaps, and different loaders, makes your head spin!!!

10. theinner6

theinner6 Member

I've seen several threads on other forums that say the XBOX version won't play on modded ones either while looking for a solution to this one. I don't know if I can post to other forums, so PM me if you wanna see it.

11. shola

shola Guest

Man look i have the game i know it work all you have to do is get the dvd loader and use what i said.
    Just follow the steps if you have a question ask

12. 2pacblast

2pacblast Guest

I too used dvdloader with 5v3 no pn and it did not work. So apparently something is wrong with out backups or something because ive been using dvdloader for quite sometime and i am familiar with how to do it. In fact my backup disc and hd advance backup freeze in the same spot as other peoples. Until I see something at swapmagicfix.com or another list im gonna act as if its not a bad backup.

13. theinner6

theinner6 Member

I have it. I downloaded the one from your link. It was the same one I have. Youre the only one who seems to have it working so either everyone has a bad copy or you're just full of it. Also, there's no listing for 5v3 no pin on your link. There's one on www.swapmagicfix.com and those are all for CD loaders. They won't load using the DVD boot. I figured, why not try and do both.

So, I loaded with the CD boot. Then used the CDLoader from Swapmagicfix.com that had the 5v3 no pin option on it. Then when it asked for a disc, I threw in the DVD boot and swapped it with my T3. STILL didn't work. I know how to load with the DVD Loader. I've done it plenty of times before with Bond, Mafia, Harry Potter and prisoner of azkaban, they all work. This game doesn't.

I want a more descriptive process that you did because from you said it sounds like you can actually select the 5v3 no pin option in the load screen and I know that's not there. I also want to know where you got the 5v3 no pin when it doesn't even say that anywhere on the site you gave us. My specs are I'm using a V7 PS2, T3 Full DVD NTSC, I have both the V7 CDLoader and the DVDLoader. Just so we're on the same page, it has a huge supernova thing in the background and says anunciese aqui or some crap in spanish up top for the DVDLoader. If you can tell me why mine and EVERYONE else's isn't working, that'd be great. Otherwise I think you're full of it because no one on any of the boards I've checked has gotten it to work.

14. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

i think he's full of it, im going to check on www.xbox-scene.com if people are having problems with this game on modded xbox. i doubt it. if its too big, theres always something you can take out.

15. madmax69

madmax69 Member

I'm not sure if this helps anyone but this is what I did.. I have a Magic 5 mod chip if I'm not mistaken. I was using DVD Decrypter 3.2.2.o something like that and it seemed like I would get a perfect burn of this game...When it came time to play...it wouldn't get past loading screen....I figured..lemme get the latest dvd decrypter..I got the 3.5.0.1 i think...whatver the latest september one is... and then it makes you write using the mds file...which i though was strange...but guess what??? It worked....I made a successful backup of T3 and several other games like madden nfl 2005 and espn nfl 2k5 that I wouldn't get past loading screens before...Maybe it was a coincidence cause i've heard theres not much different on the new dvddecrypter but it worked with me on prodisc 4x media at 1x burn and Great Quality 2x media at 1x burn...

16. theinner6

theinner6 Member

I can play madden and espn just fine with no dvdloader needed and I burned them with Discjuggler. What version PS2 do you have? I have a v7. Thanks, but I'll wait for someone else to try it before I make another coaster.

17. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

This Is Not True! i tested it myself, game works great with no problems whatsoever, i guess no one in here really cares, since its about the ps2 version we are talking about, but if anyone is intrested in the xbox version the back up plays fine, dont believe the hype. i used qwix to make the image, than dvd decrypter to burn it.. hopefully someone finds a fix for the ps2 version. the game was too good, i had to get it for the xbox, couldnt wait till someone figure this one out, so i got me the xbox copy of it. Great Game!!!
    "Download This!" LOL
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    That's My Boy!!
    Halo Special edition Xbox
    V7 Playstation 2
    Plextor px-708A 8xdvd-/+rw.:: Tdk 420n 4dvd+r/rw
    :.:. Shit Happens When you Party Naked :.:.:.[/small]

18. shola

shola Guest

To Every body on this thread im sorry i forgot to tell everyone the 1ST thing i did.I played my ORIGINAL T-3 and saved My hollywood file (the next stage)then i boot it up with dvdloader and 5v3 no pn.SO PUT YOUR ORIGINAL IN AND PLAY THE FIRST STAGE(the red screen and the man) AND SAVE IT WHEN YOU PASS IT. THEN USE THE SAWP TRICK WITH YOUr BACKUP AND IT WILL LOAD FROM THERE.thats the way it work for me so im not full of it partner..I HOPE YALL HAVE THE ORIGINAL COPY CAUSE THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I KNOW. Write back and tell me if it works
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Shola Johnson[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2004
  19. theinner6

theinner6 Member

Shola, you tool.

20. MellowMan

MellowMan Member

The option for the 5v3 no pin is at the startup menu on the dvdloader but u gotta push x to get to it,doesn't matter anyways cuz it doesn't work,So.. if it requires a saved game to play it,then someone needs to post one for download :)and if your waiting on swap magic fix u might be waiting awhile.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]MellowMan[/small]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2004