1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with The Alamo

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by spcmnky, Mar 25, 2005.

1. spcmnky

spcmnky Member

I have tried just about every program and different settings I have read on these posts to backup The Alamo, but nothing seems to work. DVD Shrink says that the movie is not encrypted, but gets about half way thru the movie and stops because of an error reading the disk. I have tried DVD Decrypter with no success, gets to the same point and Fails to Read Sectors, I tried Scuba Petes new settings and still had no luck, I have also tried running DVD Idle and ANYDVD in the background with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also had the same problem with Cold Mountain.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Sounds like you got some dirty/scratched/damaged DVD's. You could try cleaning the disk really good or get another copy to try.

3. spcmnky

spcmnky Member

Well I tried cleaning the hell out of the first copy i had, tried every damn cleaner and polisher i had in the house, still got the same error at the same point. I am now on my second copy, and getting the same error but seems to be at a different point. This DVD does have some flaws that i can see on the surface of the disk, but nothing i seem to do takes them out. Has anyone backed up this movie?? Am i wasting my time??

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I have backed it up just fine. It just sounds like you are having some bad luck getting bad originals. If I have a disk like that I usually get as much as I can off of one disk with Decrypter in file mode and then try and get the other files that couldnt be ripped from the first DVD off of the second DVD.

5. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Do you have a different DVD reader you could use? The one you're using may be ultra sensitive to imperfections,scratches, etc.

6. spcmnky

spcmnky Member

Yeah I have a DVD-ROM and my DVD+R Writer, neither one will read the DVD. Plus when I watched it today it froze in my DVD player at the same scene that it freezes on when attempting to shrink.