1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with "the core"

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sampson65, Jan 10, 2005.

1. sampson65

sampson65 Member

has anyone successfully backed up this movie? i ran it through vob blanker, then shrink. "unreferenced material" used over 3.5 GB itself!!! is this normal ?? it showed the "main movie" as 37 minutes when it is a 2 hour movie. can anyone help me understand this? thanks.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I did The Core about 6 months ago with no problems. I used the older version of Shrink with no trouble at all. Did you try just Shrink by itself? Its not one of the newer movies with the new protection on it.

Jerry

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I did The Core about 6 months ago with no problems. I used the older version of Shrink with no trouble at all. Did you try just Shrink by itself? Its not one of the newer movies with the new protection on it.

Jerry

4. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

I backed up this movie not too long ago as well. I used Decrypter and then Re-Authored with Shrink, and finally burned with Nero. You could probably get away with just Shrink and burning with Decrypter-both free and as Jerry said it's an older movie so no worries about that silly dressed kid.

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

As stated previously, not a newer movie, so you can leave out the vob blanker and just use the dvd shrink route..............should give you what you need then.............

6. sampson65

sampson65 Member

maybe ive got a bad original. i tried shrink by itself several times and it kept getting hung up mid-way through with "illegal function" error. in my player, the original tends to pause in certain spots...i checked the disc but it appears clean with minor scratches.

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

It is possible, I have had several originals that have failed to even read in my standalone player......took them back and received a replacement which worked.............

No scratches does not necessarily mean it is 'cosha', there maybe slight issues with the stamp of the original and that maybe causing the read errors etc...........

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I have seen original dvds play fine but had corrupt data that would not let it rip properly. Decrypter sometimes will get through those bad spots. Good luck.

Jerry