1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with the DVD to SVCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Myrkul, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Myrkul

Myrkul Member

alright, i encountered a problem.. with the guide here http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/dvd2svcd_with_tmpgenc.cfm

using DVD2AVI i can't find where the exact length of the movie is.. its not listed anywhere..so i just skipped that (something i'll regret on the next step using fitcd).

but now i encoded the audio, and it took less than 5 minutes, but i listened to the wav file and it sounds alright, though it only made the audio from the first VOB file.. nothing else, the guide said dvd2avi would know to get the others.

my eventual goal is to make divx avi files.. i want there to be 2 movie files, in a relatibley manageable size (total size less than or equal to one cd).. not to make SVCD files to burn and use in my DVD player.

could anyone help me?

2. Myrkul

Myrkul Member

is there any body out there? heh good song by pink floyd ;)

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

The afterdawn guides are slightly out of date and will be updated soon, have you ever tried using DVD2SVCD the program with TMPGEnc or CEE SP?

4. Myrkul

Myrkul Member

i have yes, it works great... though i like doing things manually..

right now I am just using DVD2AVI getting the audio then using TMGenc..to encode the Mpegs..also toollame and ssrc within tmpgenc though I would like to know how to specify tmpgenc to use the Divx codec.. I'm not sure what codec its being encoded in now, though i can play it on my comp. it would be useful to know. anyone know how i can encode using Divx codec?

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

encode using divx codec?? sure how would that help you if you want to encode to SVCD?

6. Myrkul

Myrkul Member

i dont, heh i just figured there was an option in one of the programs to choose codec, but i found the DVDtoDivx using Gordian Knot... now where can i download the codecs for SVCD (i'm assuming thats MPEGII?) because i want to have a disk with codecs in case i want to watch my movie on a copmuter that doesnt have it.