1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with TMPGEnc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Paolo75, Jan 10, 2004.

1. dagodan

dagodan Member

iwas able to create those mpeg files early in the process with another program but when i tried to play it on the computer there was no audio. i tried your suggestions. tmpg would only accept 1 vob file. a third of the movie. looked in smart ripper and decrypter and couldnt find where in those i can demux. my main problem seems to be that . if i can't separate video and audio i cant move forward. canopus, premier or vegas will not accept vob files. where in smart ripper or decrypter will it let me do this? coulndnt find it. i must be missing something

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

In Smartripper Go to "Settings" and under "File Spliting" set it to "Max File Size" and then set the Max File size to 9999mb...Now go to "Stream Proscessing" and UN-Check all of the Streams accept for the Main Video Stream and the First Audio Stream, Now Highlight the Audio Stream by Clicking on it and on the side 3 Options there are 3 Options ,Choose the "Demux to Extra File" now Highlight the Video Stream and choose "Demux to Extra File" now Rip the DVD and it will Rip it as a Single Mpv or M2V Video File and a AC3 audio file, Now encode the Video to NTSC and then audio the 2 files to DVD...You have to rip the DVD in "Movie" Mode....Cheers

3. dagodan

dagodan Member

finally got back to project. have now created audio and video files.converted pal to ntsc. the problem was trying to burn them. i had to put them back together with tmpge and was able to burn them using sonic my dvd. it works fine but the audio is no longer ac3. nero said that i had to use udf to accept my m2v files. that is where i hit a road block. is there another way that i can do this? was using smart ripper and dvd decrypter and dvd shrink. none will accept both files