1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with tmpgenc

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by kaushik, Feb 12, 2004.

1. kaushik

kaushik Member

i have a problem with tmpgenc, i followed the guide on this site perfectly and when the prgram is about to encode te movie it says that the file cannot open or is unsupported, even though i located the file properly.

Also, this could be something to do with my original problem, when i located the file and i did all the settings etc, and on the page with the magebyte calculation, the file size goes up to about 6000meg, and this is because the program thinks that the file is 300mins long instead of 100mins. So i went back a step and did the source range, and as soon as i pressed ok it said 'invalid pointer operation', i think this could be due to my original problem.

p.s the file is an xvid

Please help

Thanks

2. flyboi

flyboi Member

Hi! I believe that u have installed Xvid codec in your computer. First of all, u need too get the available information from the xvid file like audiovideo codec, framerate and etc. Normally the duration is longer bcoz of the mp3 VBR audio codec. Please click this http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/69931 . Hope it might help.

Cheers