1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Toast 6

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by arienette, Jun 15, 2007.

1. arienette

arienette Member

I am attempting to backup a commerical DVD for the first time and I'm having problems with Toast 6. I ripped the DVD using Mac the Ripper, and the file size was only 3.6 GB, so I skipped the compression stage. I added both the video and audio folders to Toast under the data tab and named it with all caps and underscores. When I went to burn it, however, it said that the type of media being used was unrecognized and then it gave me an error referrng to the legality of the operation. Do I need to decrypt the movie? If so, how do I go about doing that? Also, do I need to be using a dual layer DVD to burn to or will a DVD R work? Thanks for any help.

2. arienette

arienette Member

Ok, I made a little headway. I realized that you cannot change the original name of the DVD, so I changed it back both on my hard drive and in Toast. I also realized I hadn't clicked the DVD-ROM (UDF) button under the Advanced tab. The burn stilll did not work, however. This is the error message I received:

The drive reported an error; Sense Key = ILLEGAL REQUEST Sense Code = 0x72, 0x05 SESSION FIXATION ERROR

And when I click OK it says that it couldn’t set up the session for writing.

Anyone know what is going on?