1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Verbatim MC 003...

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by ppp3, Mar 29, 2005.

1. ppp3

ppp3 Guest

I burnt The Incredibles on this media...
    However, The dvd can only play in my Sony standalone dvd player, they wont play in my PS2 or Toshiba dvd player..

Can someone help me....
    I thought these were the best dvds...
    What a waste... I have about 200

Thanks
    ppp3

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

you need to research some posts. it's a common problem. I see you're using DVD+R, maybe you need to set the 'book type'. Nero will let you do this, as will standalone utils (on Liteon drives anyway).

a bit of info - http://www.dvdplusrw.org/Article.asp?mid=0&sid=2&aid=44

3. ppp3

ppp3 Guest

Thanks

I did my research, however no one had a solution only to use a different brand of media...

Thanks for the help...
    ppp3

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

I have found these to be unreliable at high speeds. The 16x +R discs I have give me a 33% success rate at 16x, a 66% at 12x, and 90% at 8x. If you want to continue using these, I suggest you slow it down to 4x or even 2.4x. This does not guarantee that you will get flawless backups, but it will help cut down on errors. I have better luck with their singapore discs, but I prefer to use media made in japan.

You may want to try out creaky's suggestion on bitsetting if your burner supports this on top of slowing down your burn speed.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I have used quite a few of the verbatim +8x data life plus with that code: MCC-003. Excellent media,for my benq's,kypermedia +8x,and cyberhome recorder. Now I'm using the same code on the Full hub printable,and they are also performing great.

These babies will burn at 12x,if I leave my burnsettings set on max. I still burn them at 4x.

PPP3, what burner model/# do you have and which program do you use to burn?

6. ppp3

ppp3 Guest

Oh
    Creaky answer was right on target...
    I just changed the 'book type' and it is now playing in the PS2...
    I used a Lite-on utility (My burner is a Lite-on)

Thanks to all those who replied

Afterdawn is really the best place for advice..

Thanks again
    ppp3

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

- cool. i usually have goldfish memory, but not always!

- i'll second that, i myself post mostly short and sweet replies (but only cus the more detailed stuff has been posted over and over); sometimes it helps, sometimes not;the few probs i've had, have been fixed by previous posts from the long-termers...