1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with verbatim "movie reel" dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by mgrosecl, Sep 2, 2004.

1. mgrosecl

mgrosecl Member

whats happening, I just bought some of the new verbatim "movie reel" dvd-r discs and tried backing up a dvd onto this disc with a plextor 708-UF and the backup was unsuccessful three times in a row (the disc was not recognized by my computer or a dvd player, and it was visibly obvious that only about half of the movie data had been transferred to the disc) I used a program (TPMG DVD Author I believe is the name) which I have used successfully many times previously. Does anyone know of a compatability problem here and/or other solutions. After these failed efforts I successfully copyed the DVD to a Verbatim +RW disc as well as a Maxell-R disc. Thanks for any help.

2. aut0psy

aut0psy Regular member

Can you try checking the "Media ID" of those new discs using DVDInfoPro and let us know what it is?

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

They should ID as MCC (Mitsubishi Chemicals Corp) which is some of the best to be had.

Have you had any successful burns on the Plextor using the same methods and software but with different media?

4. mgrosecl

mgrosecl Member

My bad, the name of the discs is actually verbatim (digital movie) dvd-r.....I just backed up a copy using one of these discs with NTI CD and DVD Maker and it came out perfect. TMPGEnc DVD Author worked great until I tried it with these discs......its kind of odd. Thanks.

5. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Ive used those verbatim digital movie dvdr's,the media id is mcc.They work great for me, no problems.No problem with these discs in dvd author,no read errors after burning.Maybe you got a bad batch.Try checking for read errors on the burnt disc.