1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with virtual cd-rom please help

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by pete35887, Oct 31, 2004.

1. pete35887

pete35887 Member

i tried installing both alcohol 120% and virtual cd6 and i get a blue screen everytime i try to use a virtual drive. something about memory dump i think. I think the problem is when windows starts to initialize the virtual drive. because with alcohol i'd open the program and windows would crash. with virtual cd6 i couldnt even get into windows because the virtual drives initialize while windows is starting.

2. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Try uninstalling one or the other and see what happens. Could be a SCSI conflict.

3. pete35887

pete35887 Member

they weren't installed at the same time. i have a better explanation of the error message its says page fault in nonpaged area. cause by file afs2k.sys i have never had a problem with virtual cdroms before. it happens when i start up alcohol 120%

4. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

So your running XP, and I'm guessing with SP2?

5. pete35887

pete35887 Member

6. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

OK XP SP2 is a real cat amongst the pidgeons, and a page fault can have many causes. The best way to single out the exact cause is to head over to the Alcohol Support Forum, http://forum.alcohol-soft.com/ and post a minidump and system report to them, they will tell you the exact problem, so your not fussing around for ages with it, sometimes tinkering will do much more harm than good.