1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with virtualdubmod

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by kite, Jul 26, 2003.

1. kite

kite Member

i am following the guide "Copy your DVD to XviD with AC3 surround sound" and when I need to add the audio to the processed avi file, it says to click on the audio tab in virtualdubmod, but i dont seem to have one. I downloaded the version that is listed at the top of the guide so I dont know what could be wrong. Thanks for any help.

2. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

You go into the Streams menu and click on stream list.

From there click add and choose the audio file you wish to mux with the movie. After you add the file right click the file to choose direct stream copy or full processing mode as well as other options.

3. kite

kite Member

alright, thanks that worked but now i have a question about the audio. When i save the file now(combining the audio and video) and play it back, it sounds weird. The voices only come out of the center speaker, and the music comes out of the side speakers. I thought the guide was supposed to give a surround sound sound. Was I wrong? Thanks.

4. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Sorry man, I cant help you out there. Ive only used mp3 and ogg vorbis audio. Ive never tried my hand with ac3. Maybe someone will answer this thread, if not, create a new thread.

Good Luck.