1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with windows

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by fastfox, Jan 14, 2007.

1. fastfox

fastfox Member

For some reason when i go into "my documents" on my master pc, it keeps bloody crashing Mad
    All i have to do is hold my cursor over a file in my docs and i get a error message saying that explorer has experienced a problem and has to close. Click on send error report and the system crashes.
    Try and play a file in with anything and i get the same shit Mad
    The Internet explorer wont let me log into any accounts, even my own site Mad
    Ran a virus scan, nothing shown.
    Tried system restore, same shit
    At the moment my master pc is completely useless unless i just want to look at the desk top. Looking at the desk top is about all it can manage with out goofing and crashing.
    I carried out a low level format about a week ago but until yesterday the system was running fine. I havn`t change anything
    I`m running XP home on a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 1gig of ram and 200gig IDE connected hard drive.
    Anti virus wise i`m running mcafee 2007.
    I`m at a complete loss as to what the problem is, and i built the poxy thing.
    Is so nailed that ive had to resort to using my slave pc.
    Anyone had a simerlar problem?

2. fastfox

fastfox Member

apparently,according to the error message the problem is being caused by x-vid WTF never had a problem with it before

3. fastfox

fastfox Member

removed x-vid and i no longer have a problem WTF
    Could do with knowing why i suddeny have a aproblem with something ive been using for ages.
    I`m running the latest version of windows with service pack 2b
    Just upgraded from a older version of XP