1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by TJM12345, Oct 7, 2004.

1. TJM12345

TJM12345 Member

I have a Divx .avi file with MP3 audio, and whenever I try to burn it, I get no sound. I have tried putting it straight through TMPGenc, output to .m2v and .mp2 files, and then compile with TMPGenc dvd author to a VIDEO_TS folder. I burn that, no sound. I then tried extracting the audio track to WAV using Goldwave, then using that as the audio source (with the original .avi as the video source) in TMPGenc, and still no sound. Now I get sound when I play the DVD on my computer, but not on my DVD player, so I assume it has something to do with the audio format. Could it possibly be because the audio is 44,100Hz and not 48,000Hz? If this is the problem, how can I change the sound to 48,000Hz without just speeding up the playback rate? Thanks.

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

This is what I do in TMPGEnc Plus 2.5.

On the first page of the TMPGEnc Project Wizard 1/5, select DVD NTSC or PAL and CBR or VBR MPEG-1 Layer II Audio [MP2].
    On the second page of the TMPGEnc Project Wizard 2/5, select your Video File: filename.avi.

This will encode a single .mpg file that contains both the audio and video. You can check this .mpg file in your software DVD player to make sure both the audio and video play correctly.

Use that .mpg file in TMPGEnc DVD Author to make your DVD-Video. You should then check the VIDEO_TS folder that is created in your software DVD player to make sure both the audio and video play correctly.

Once that is done, you can have TMPGEnc DVD Author burn the disc or use Nero. I have used this method on all the videos I have done with these programs and have not had any audio problems.

I have not done any with AC3 audio that would require the AC3 Plugin.

3. TJM12345

TJM12345 Member

Alright well here's something really weird... Using the method I've BEEN using, the audio DOES work on my software DVD player and my PS2. The problem, I guess, is with my DVD player (Samsung DVD-M301). Can anyone explain what is causing this? Video plays perfectly, but no audio.