1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by cocktail, Feb 13, 2005.

1. cocktail

cocktail Member

ok i am using dvd decryptor along with 1clickdvd and im trying to copy a ps2 game "Mercenaries"......i start up decryptor and follow all the instructions on this forum.....everything gets decrypted fine onto my hd but when i go to write the mds file i get this message:

I/O error
    Devise: [1:0:0]Lite-on DVDRW SOHW-16335 BSOK (D):(ATA)
    Scsi Status: 0x2
    Interpretation: Check condition
    CDB:2A000000000000002000
    Interpretation: Write(10)-Sectors: 0-31
    Sense Area: 700005000000000A000000002C0000000000
    Interpretation: Command Sequence Error

Please explain what i am doing wrong here or if i am missing a component or somthing....i am fairly new to burning dvds and this is the first time trying to burn a ps2 game.....thanx a bunch guys

2. cocktail

cocktail Member

3. steimy

steimy Active member

search these posts for Mercenaries, you need to get a patch for it to work. There was like a 15 page post on it here, that's where i got the link for the patch.

You have to copy the game to hard drive as normal with DVD Decrpter
    Then copy the patch into the same folder
    Then you have to change the filename of either the MDS or ISO, i forget which but the post explains it.
    Then you have to run the patch which creates a new
    ISO file
    here is one link to it and some instructions but you will have to join this post to see it.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/154843
    here is the patch i finally found it. http://blake.prohosting.com/wulfie66/merc
    then you have to burn the new ISO file to a disk and it will work.
    just remember to change the file name of the ISO to ptc-merc.iso after you burn it to the hard drive, before you run the patch or the patch will not work