1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probs following DVD to VCD with SmartRipper, DVD2AVI and TMPGEnc guide

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by brookster, Jun 23, 2002.

1. brookster

brookster Guest

Hi,

I am following the excellent guide supplied by Afterdawn.com, although I can't thank anyone as no one is credited with that work!

I've just got hold of the three programs mentioned in the title. I have just used smartripper to extract the VOB files.

Now my prob is it says in the guide to note down the framerate 29fps etc, but on DVD2AVI it says 50fps and plus, which does not match the guides instructions.

What next?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

If the guide doesn't have specific author, it is normally written by either me or Ketola (or in some cases cd-rw.org, but mostly those articles that relate to audio material are written by him).

The fps issue sounds weird. Could you tell me the exact fps for the video and is it NTSC or PAL or FILM?

3. brookster

brookster Guest

The film was "The World is Not Enough", Region 2 DVD (PAL) and I was using DVD2AVI v1.86 and it showed 50fps, I read about problems using v1.86, so I downloaded v1.77 and then the frame rate went down to 29fps.

Simply using the old DVD2AVi prog solved the strange speed issue. I then made a very good VCD which played well on my Philips player.

Thanks