1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

probs with burning large dvd ps2 games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by cumbuckit, Nov 4, 2004.

1. cumbuckit

cumbuckit Member

guys guys, how r yas? i'm a newbie around here, wondering if anyone can help me with this prob. i've successfully burnt & played some games for my modded ps2, i'm using AR2v2 using devil may cry as my original boot, some of the games which are sucessful r PES4 and naruto. but i have problems playing relatively large games like FIFA2005 and MK Deception. i've tried different methods, i'm using the same media as the ones that were sucessful and same burning speed (lowest)..... i've tried nero and dvd decrypter to burn the images..... what could the problem be? can anyone help?

2. IONz

IONz Member

Mortal Kombat: Deception works for me and I am using Devil May Cry 2 as my high TOC; try dmc 2 if you have it.

3. cumbuckit

cumbuckit Member

dats the problem..... i dun have it..... but would that be the ONLY cause since DMCry1 is quite large already? i dun mind spending some $$$ buying the game if it works.... but if it dosen't..... =(

4. IONz

IONz Member

Well, I really don't see a problem with everything else and I've had problems before and I solved them by using a higher TOC game. They are both actually the same size but since I'm using the swapping method dmc isn't recognized and dmc2 is. I guess just wait until someone with a modded ps2 replies. Sorry I couldn't help =(

5. cumbuckit

cumbuckit Member

dats cool, thanks anyways.....
    one more question, whats so good about alcohol 120? would there be much of a difference in using alcohol120 to burn those big games (or any games in fact) since everyone talks about it..... but i dun have too much prob with nero and dvd decrypter (except for high toc games that is)

6. IONz

IONz Member

I'm the same as you, Nero and DVD Decrypter have worked great for me. I'd probably stick with Decrypter though because there have been some games that I burned with Nero that didn't work, but did work when I used Decrypter.

7. dud0r

dud0r Member

about fifa2005, it can be simply ripped and rebuild and then it's only 2,5 gb
    to do this, use isobuster or apache to extract the files from the dvd(or iso).
    Use cddvdgen to rebuild the image(put the files in same LBA order as the original)
    Burn the game