1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probs with DVD Shrink 3.2

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Shaun2209, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Shaun2209

Shaun2209 Guest

Hi Guys,

I'm having some probs with DVD Shrink and I don't know what to do about it.

After opening Shrink I then select "Open Disc". Shrink reads the disc with no problems. I then select "Backup", immediatley I get a message box pop up which says, "The Nero Serial Number has expired". Why does it say this, I mean Nero isn't even open at this stage??

The message goes on to say, "Only the slowest burning speed will be available".

So, I click ok, and this box disappears. I then get the box where it asks you to select Backup target & target image file. I select Hard Disk Folder, as I already have a file on my desktop set up.

I select ok, and the decrytion box pops up. All seems well, until....a few seconds later I get another message box popping up saying. "DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Copy protection error, the request could not be performed because of an I/O device error".

What does this mean? Am I using cheap and nasty?media. By the way, the media I'm using at present is, Datawrite DVD-R. I must be honest and say I bought them very cheap from a well known online auction.

That said, I would appreciate any advice anyone would be kind enough to give.

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks. Shaun.

2. colw

colw Active member

It seems like you may have the enable burning with Nero option selected in DVD Shrink - Shrink does not burn in its own right and utilises other programs to burn.

It appears your Nero license has expired. Options include uninstalling Nero and downloading DVD Decrpyter and using Decrypter as your burner.

Alternatively you could uninstall Nero and download a new working trial version of Nero.

If you uninstall Nero it would also be advisable to download and run the Clean Nero tool to clean up your registry.

3. Shaun2209

Shaun2209 Guest

Hi colw,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

Cheers. Shaun.