1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

probs with dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kenevs, Jan 3, 2005.

1. kenevs

kenevs Member

hi all hope some 1 can help me as im quite new to this. i am having probs copying american pie 1 2 and 3 using dvd shrink i have had no probs copying other dvds. all three dvds i get an error message when i click on the backup tab( dvd shrink encountered an error and cannot continue, copy protection error, incorrect function
    the request could not be performed because os an i/o device error. hope some 1 can point me in the right direction thx

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I did all 3 of those movies using dvd shrink and nero.
    You might try playing the movie for a few in your dvd player software ie.windvd, powerdvd, tray player, etc.
    Pause it, dont close it, and try ripping.
    If this doesnt work, you might try ripping with dvd decrypter in file mode, and open up the files in dvd shrink using the open file option.
    good luck
    jim

3. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

I also did these 3 movies wth DVD Shrink, well i rencoded with Shrink.

I personally always rip with DVD Decrypter first as it rips better then Shrink.

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I only use dvd decrypter, if shrink wont do the job, which in most cases, it does.

5. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

I used to use DVD Shrink to rip at first but found that DVD decrypter was better and had more options to play around with so i just stuck with that method.

Also sometimes i like to rip and then rencode later so using DVD Decypter is a better option for this.

6. kenevs

kenevs Member

thought you could only use dvd decrypter if the dvd was under 3.50 gig im confused lol

7. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

DVD Decrypter is just a ripper it will rip a disc of any size but you wont be able to just copy the files onto a DVD-R or DVD+R

Unless of course you have a dual layer burner and can afford the blank media.

8. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

not true,dvd decrypter will rip and burn in the iso mode just click mode/iso read/iso write.
    dvd decrypter can do this when the disc is under 4.36 gb
    I really dont see the point in using dvd decrypter when your just gonna have to use shrink anyway(for movies over 4.36 gb)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  9. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

Oh yeah LOL yes it can create ISO files.

I should have said it is not a rencoder, rare to come across discs under 4.36GB these days so aint used that option for ages LOL.

So i should have said DVD Decrypter can rip discs of any size but if over 4.35GB they will need to be rencoded to fit on a DVD-/+R, unless of course you choose the movie only option and this is below 4.36GB.

Been a bit busy posting today trying to talk to peeps at work and answer some queries sometimes my brain turns to jelly LOL.

I stand corrected big slap LOL

As i said the only reason i use DVD Decrypter is because if i have ever had a problem with DVD Shrink then DVD Decrypter will resolve the problem and i just prefer it as a ripper.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  10. kenevs

kenevs Member

thanks for your help and advice guys just done all three with nero 6 ultra & shrink cheers.