1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

probs with lite on 832sx External burner

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by plur4all, Apr 1, 2005.

1. plur4all

plur4all Member

Im having a heck of a time trying to copy dvd's with my new 832SX.. I get to the 90% mark on the copy (alcohol 120) and the darn thing stops and says burn failed every time!! I'm using dvd+r discs.. Am i crazy or unlucky??

2. Legir

Legir Member

Uh oh, I've ordered this online and will be getting it soon. I'll tell you if I can get it to work fine.
    On their web site they have firmware (a patch I guess) that may help you out: http://www.liteonamericas.com/us/download.htm
    that's what I'll try if when I get it it does not work. I'll be using dvd-r's though.
    It may also be just whatever your trying to burn is bad. Try a different dvd if you haven't already. Also, maybe try a different program. Did it come with Nero 6?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  3. plur4all

plur4all Member

Yes, it did come with nero, I tried to use it as well as others to no avail.. I downloaded the firmware patch recently which brought no change.. hmmm, I guess I'll purchase dvd-r's and see if that brings any luck.. Let me know how yours works when you receive it..

4. Legir

Legir Member

I've got mine today. Haven't got a chance to try it yet. But when I do I'll tell you how it goes.

5. Legir

Legir Member

It seems to be working good so far. I have used Philips DVD-R disc and Alcohol. Now I did have trouble starting to burn a cue/bin file, but that is a problem witht the file I think. I did not need to instal any firmware or anything. I used the Nero disc that came with it, but not to burn. I have had a few problems(mainly just slowdown) on my PS2 backups, but nothing much. I'd try just a test data DVD with just a bunch of files on there and see if your DVD+R work for that. Did you try the DVD-R? I'll let you know if I have any problems.