1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

probs with memorex dvd+r on my pioneer dvr-108

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by devilry, Dec 27, 2004.

1. devilry

devilry Member

Im trying to burn multiple copies of my cousins wedding on "Memorex dvd+r 8x". But, for some reason my pioneer dvr-108 doesnt seem to read the memorex dvd's. I tried burning with Nero but everytime i put in the memorex dvd, it says "compilation cannot read this kind of dvd". Then i tried using dvdfab and it burned it without any errors, but when i play it back on my computer or even on a standalone dvd player it doesnt load up.

I even downloaded the firmware stuff for my dvd writer, 1.18 version, but still doesnt work.

I could really use some help here, thanks, i really appreciate.

2. SurfDude

SurfDude Member

If your DVD burner is not formatted to read +R you wont be able to copy anything, just if your DVD buener is -/+R/RW or -R/RW otherwise no matter the brand you use you cant copy them.

3. devilry

devilry Member

thanks for your help, but my dvd burner can read both -/+R dvd's. So, im pretty sure thats not the problem. Any other things i should check or try? I really want to figure this out, kind of lame how i cant use memorex dvd's right now.