1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probs with playing mp3's

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Demo38, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Demo38

Demo38 Member

hi all
    i have some songs on my puter that my daughter d/loaded, when i double click on on the song the windows media player opens and the song starts, but its total silence, visualasation is wrkin , but the weird thing is that this 4 mins song, approx 4mb, suddenly jumpse to a 16mb size, any help would b appreciated...
    steve

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

What is the extension at the end of the song title -- that's called an attribute for example .mp3, or .wav or .wma or .rmb...... ?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2004
  3. Demo38

Demo38 Member

hi jeach 1
    ty 4 your reply, the extension on them are all mp3
    ty again

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Ok -- Right click one of the song and select [bold]OPEN WITH[/bold] choose another player you may have like Winamp or what have you .. ! If you dont have any , download one so you have a choice to check if this will play !

JetAudio is FREE and has a lot of good feature , it's here :-

http://www.jetaudio.com/index.asp
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2004
  5. Demo38

Demo38 Member

just tried it with nero media player with same results, says song is over 16 min long and complete silence, humm weird here left it playing and suddenly sound came on, but the songs playin like its slowed down , like the elephant man singing...then tried song i got no prob with and player is fine, just seems to b those songs, and file size is only 4mb
    ty again

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Has to be a damaged download your daughter got or a planted ""no play"" dummy!

If it's from P2P download sites -- this is sometimes planted there by Music Companies to discourage file exchanges ! -- !

7. Demo38

Demo38 Member

humm thats prob the cause, ill try some diff songs, ty very much 4 ur help