1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

probs with v.4

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Wikit, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Wikit

Wikit Guest

i have a version4 ps2 and a no solder modchip (i am cheap and cant solder) well i used nero and made my backup. i have the original and the backup plays if i boot the original and then swap...but it will not work if i just use the "Swap Method" suggested on the site that i bought the chip from. now i know that the no solder mod chip is just a solution for the knife trick, but i want to know if anyone has found a way to make it work.

I was tinkering with an idea that is pretty complicated and i was wondering if anyone does any programing. cause i seriously need some help....here is my idea

Ok here goes…
    I have a copy of a game Mark Of Kri (for PS2), and it contains a folder “STARTUP” which has the following commands:
    1 BOOT2 = cdrom0:\SCUS_971.40;1
    2 VER = 1.01
    3 VMODE = NTSC

I also have a copy of a demo disc (for PS2) and it contains a folder “SYSTEM.CNF” which has the following commands:
    1 BOOT2 = cdrom0:\SCUS_971.90;1
    2 VER = 1.00
    3 VMODE = NTSC

Now what I need is a boot disk for mark of kri. The “Swap Method” did not work for me when I used the gameshark, but it did work when I used the original game (Mark of Kri, I rented it.) And this is what I am wondering, if I switch the boot and version commands will the game boot. Has anyone tried and failed or am I the first.(never the first). i know about messiah and magic mod chips!!! and if all else fails i may purchase one. hehe.

2. boy141

boy141 Member

save yourself the trouble and money, be a jew and order the chip, it's way much easier and you can get a DVD burner 4x at office max for 169 (after rebates)

3. Wikit

Wikit Guest

i have a dvd-ram multiburner and everything i need to make the backups. but does anyone know where i can get a chip for less than $60 installed?

4. boy141

boy141 Member

ask supleh, he can do it. and he's not a jew. he won't rip you off.