1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

processing times Encoding with TMPGEnc

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by brentconn, Feb 26, 2003.

1. brentconn

brentconn Member

Does anybody know the approximate processing time if you have a 1.7 GHz processor and 512 meg of ram?. 5 - 15 hours is a wide range. I am going to rip one tomorrow and want to know how long Encoding with TMPGEnc takes.

Thanks_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Brent[/small]

2. Sefy

Sefy Guest

I Think near realtime, on a 1.8ghz i've seen encoding takes near realtime encoding, meaning, if your movie is 90min, should take lets say 100min

3. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

ive got 1.7 ghz xp2100+ and 512 meg of ram, a 90 minute movie takes me 90 mins to encode too so i guess realtime is the correct answer.

4. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

it depends on your settings..if you go vcd and set the quality settings to fast, then you can get it done in little over the time it takes to watch the movie. Now if you set it to high quality (which is highly recommended) then you are looking at 4+ hours and if you go svcd and vbr and high quality, then you are looking at 12+ hours

5. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

funny!!! i run at realtime with high quality settings