1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prodisc and beall

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Mort81, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Hi fellow burners

I've been useing ritek g04's with pretty good results but I am thinking about doing some experimenting on my next purchase of blank media. I was wondering if anyone has tried prodisc or beall blank media and if so how was your experience's with these? The prodisc is advertised as being pioneer certified and meritline claims that beall is one of the most compatable media's on the market. These are all in about the same price range. Looking at a media comparison chart digitalFAQ.com shows the prodisc a little higher than ritek g04 on the totum pole but doesn't show beall at all. Thanks in advance your opinion and input will be appreciated.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

I tried.
    Ritek:
    - Silver mate, NO problem.
    Prodisc:
    - Silver mate 4X, NO problem.
    - White Prinable 4X, NO problem.
    - Silver Printable 4X, NO problem.

For me those above have the SAME quality.

Notes: I just used for data and movie back-up, I have not try PS2 backup so I do not know about PS2 back-up. :)

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Thanks for the reply. I just ordered a 100 pk ritek dvd+r's from newegg for $43 with a $10 mail in rebate so they actually cost me $33. Other people that ordered these reported that they are actually ricohjpn. Lets hope so read only good things about the ricoh's and after researching learned that my burner prefers +r media.