1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prodisc Media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by kenneth1, Jan 15, 2005.

1. kenneth1

kenneth1 Regular member

I am thinking of buying Prodisc white inkjet printables, just wanted to see if anybody has tried these and what they think of them, also has any body tried the Taiyo Yuden white inkjets printables or the Ritek white inkjets printables, all comment or suggestions welcome and thank you in advance

2. Paladore

Paladore Member

i been using the prodiscs silver printable and TY printable both work very well, no complaints at all yet with either.

3. zenzen453

zenzen453 Guest

I am using Prodisc 4X (MCC 02RG20 code) and having issues with them and also quite a few people that I know of. However, those with S03 code are perfectly fine.

4. autobahn

autobahn Member

I just got a bunch of prodisk printable 8x dvd+r and am having consistant problems burning movies with my Sony DRU710a. the same media will not burn at 8x (only 4x) in my NEC 2400 drive. Both drives have newest firmware to date. They work OK for about an hour when watching them then crap bomb out (pixilate then stop entirely). I have tried burning at all speeds and have problems (sometimes slower burn speeds play about 5 minutes longer OK but then crap out). I had perfect luck with BeAll Printable 4x dvd+r but can't seem to find them now.

5. beltline

beltline Regular member

autobahn - where did you buy the Prodisc from? Are they silver or white ink jet printable? What's the actual manufactuer code?

Thanks,
    beltline

6. autobahn

autobahn Member

I purchased them from cdrdvdrmedia or http://store.yahoo.com/cdrdvdrmedia/index.html They were the white hub printable 8X DVD+R purple bottom type. There is a very long number etched around the center hub of the DVD but it's too hard too read with the naked eye. I'm currently trying to return these for credit and maybe try the Optodisc 8x +R

7. beltline

beltline Regular member

8. kinza

kinza Regular member

I got some Prodisc samples from RIMA.com and the white inkjet printables are MCC and the silver inkjet printables are ProdiscF01, both are 8x. The 4x regular Prodisc are Prodisc S03 and they don't work on my PS2.

9. offset

offset Regular member

Hey autobahn,

I found some BeAll's on www.meritline.com that might do the trick for you. I read somewhere that they are made in Korea and an offshoot of the Samsung company.

10. autobahn

autobahn Member

Thanks - I'll check them out. Right now I'm paying a bit more (about $38 for 50 discs) for Verbatim DVD+R 8x InkJet printable media (verbatim part# 94812 avalable at cdw.com buy.com and other places online) which work great at 8x so far with my Sony DRU710a. I noticed the non-printable Verbatim 8x +R's for a good price (about $35) at Sam's club if anyone needs some in a pinch for a good price. Also a printable 16x model exists (Verbatim Part #94917) however it sells for about $60 per 50 units. Perhaps I will try these next but for now I'm sold on a less than 10 minute burn time of 8x media knowing that it will play back on my home unit OK!

11. kinza

kinza Regular member

12. Manu_DVD

Manu_DVD Guest

I have used PRODISC R02 White Inkjet printable disc's..(Bulkpaq Spindle of 25)

The print surface is very good, and the burns are good "except at the end of the disc's where CRC error's will sometimes appear - tested on 3 Burner's, similiar results (DVD+R 4X). I would recommend you find prodisc with an MCC die or better.

[bold]autobahn[/bold]
    What is the disc id of the prodisc your using?

13. autobahn

autobahn Member

It appears that the sweet deal on Amazon DVD+R 8x 100 pack isn't printable but a great deal anyway! My crappy ProDisc 8x (I think I should call is SuckDisc) doesn't even hold 2GB of data on it I just found out. Anyway, according to DVD identifier it is ProDisc Media Type R03 product revision 003. I'm staying away from all ProDisc and trying to get my $$$ back for it!

14. beltline

beltline Regular member

Okay, I was ready to thrash some Prodisc 8x white inkjet printable DVD-R media I bought a while back. (2) 50 packs in all. I burned four and all were junk. A guy at work just bought a new dell with a dvd burner and was backing up some of his dvd's, so I gave him the 46 of the pack I had left and told him they were probably junk, but were free. He burned 3 that weekend with no problems and no crc errors. This got me thinking and I went out looking for a firmware update for my Toshiba SD-R5272. Toshiba saids there is no update. Well I found a update from another site, used it. And now I burning Prodisc 8x dvd-r with no problems (knock on wood)... They're coded as F01. I bought some silver inkjet printable's and they're coded the same. Both seem to be burning good now. And they print real nice. However like a lot of other media's out there. It seems to be a hit and miss.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  15. autobahn

autobahn Member

Good idea - I will try them on my Dell Work PC which has an older DVD+R (only) 4x drive. We also have a PC with an older Plexator +R 4x drive. Both have original firmware. If either of those work then at least I have a use for them. I will update when I find out.