1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prodisc

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by bbmayo, Nov 26, 2004.

1. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I was just wondering if any one has used these disk's? If so how did you like them?

http://www.supermediastore.com/prodisc-8x-dvd-r-white-inkjet-47gb-media.html

I just received 100 of these for $34, and have backed up 5 movies so far, and I have to say I am pretty impressed. I even burned 2 of the movies at x8 which I usually never do and they still play perfectly fine all the way to the end. I normally use Taiyo Yuden, but I decided to try something new (cheaper) I do believe I have found a new media unless something goes wrong with them I will let you all know. I was just curious as to why no one ever talks about this disk on AD. Everyone talks about the RitekG04 but no one mentions these and they work just as good if not better. Here is what disk detector recognize these disks at.
    [bold]Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
    Manufacturer Name : [Prodisc Technology Inc.]
    Manufacturer ID : [ProdiscF01]
    Disc Application Code : [Unrestricted Use : Consumer Purpose]
    Recording Speeds : [1x , 2x , 4x , 6x , 8x][/bold]

You might even get lucky if you buy these disks and they will be made by Mitsubishi Chemical Corp MCC. Anyway if you are looking for an alternative disk that is cheap in price, and you want to print a full(all the way to center) label on it(Like I do with my Epson R200) These Disks are great for printing on and the Picture quality is perfect.

mayobb

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  2. kchev

kchev Regular member

do you have a liteon drive to k-probe with or a drive that is compatible with nero cd-dvd speed so you can scan for errors?

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yep I just ran Spider Man 2 threw Nero and did the disk check and had no PI error's, no PI Falures and no Jitter. The disk shows Perfectly. I also did a file test with no error's and a surface scan which read 100% good. So this media is well worth the price.

I'm glad I took a chance on these :) Oh yeah they play on all my home DVD Players, Sony, Sharp, Orion, and RCA.

bbmayo
    Starting surface scan
    Good: 100.00 %
    Damaged: 0.00 %
    Unreadable: 0.00 %
    Surface scan completed

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  4. sturski

sturski Member

5. catfreak

catfreak Active member