1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ProdiscR03 inkjet hub printables junk

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Mort81, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

[​IMG]

Everyone of these discs have resulted with very similar scans after burning. I've tried 8x and 4x with very little difference. These backups obviously start freezing towards the end. Anyway beware. I had to try em. Now I can go back to my good ole reliable Verbatum DLP's and TY's.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  2. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Here's what a good scan looks like. This is a Verbatum DLP inkjet hub printable 8x dvd+r burned at 4x.
    [​IMG]

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I just got some of those verbatim data life plus +8x full hub printable and here is one of my scans by dvdinfopro.
    This was burned at 4x.
    [​IMG]

I'm glad I stayed away from those prodisc printables.

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Hey saugmon, run that disc through nero disc quality test, speed set at 4x. Here's the Verbatum (MCC003) that I scanned with KProbe. It got an A (score of 93).

[​IMG]

Hmm, I don't know why this only gave the link to the piture instead of the picture

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Will do. Watching that backup right now that I posted the scan on,pretty good. This epson r-200 is sweet.

You know where I can get the lacquer that I read about on one of these posts several months ago to spray on the tops?

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Sorry I don't use it. I keep my backups in binders with the plastic sleeves.

BTW, I'll make ya a super duper special deal on about 45 Prodisc 8x dvd+r hub printables. Come get em and their yours.

I really came out ahead on the deal cause I canceled my original order of 50 Verbatums and made a new order adding the 50 prodisc's. I got an email validating the original order was canceled. Merritline forgot to cancel the shipment on the first order so I got 2 50 pk's of verbatums and one 50 pk of prodisc's all for the price of the one 50 pk of Verbatum's and the price of the prodisc's and about $1.00 more shipping. Does that make since? Simplified, I got a 50pk of verbatum's (shipped) [bold]free[/bold].

I even checked my credit card statement and I was credited back the amount for the original order. COOL.

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Sounds like you hit the jackpot!

There's someone on the Epson r-200 quality thread that likes prodisc,give them a holler,lol

I didn't have that scan on my main pc using nero oem-grayed out,but I was able to scan one made from my backup pc-it also burned that particular verb +8x/burned only 4x though.Looks very good!! Took long enough on that little 598 mhz celeron with 256 mbs rimm.
    [​IMG]

8. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Nice burn. Bet ya won't see many memorex's like that. Oops, just sent up a flag for venomX05 to join in. I'm gonna burn a TY after bit. They are printable but not hub printable. Rima sent me the wrong ones but I decided to keep em for backups that I can't find graphics that are solid or go clear to the hub.

I just noticed, since you have a lite-on dvd-rom why don't you download KProbe so you can check the PIF errors since those are the errors that really matter. 4x is the standard for the speed setting instead of maximum. Her's a link, it's free.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=83441

9. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Venom's use to it,but you gotta admit- he is very loyal to them.

Later on mort, keep em burnin!!!!!

10. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Here's the scan of the TY. It doesn't look quite as good as the Verbatum but it is by no means a bad scan. Anything under 4 on PIF errors is considered good. I don't even know why they show PI errors since they don't amount to much. I've seen PI errors in the upper 100's and still play ok.
    [​IMG]

11. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Boy these Verbatums just keep getting better as my eeprom is learning how to burn em. Latest scan.

[​IMG]