1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

program to back up ps1 games

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by nuttin_88, Mar 20, 2005.

1. nuttin_88

nuttin_88 Regular member

Im just wondering if you guys can tell me a good program to back up ps1 games. i'm using alcohol in copy wizard but the game doesn't even go half way and it stops. I heard about clone cd but can anyone tell me about another one.

2. romero

romero Regular member

I've been using CloneCD for that purpose about 2 years and it haven't disappointed me ever.

3. hursty

hursty Active member

are you sure the image is not corrupt,alcohol 120 is perfectly good for copying ps1 games

have you created the image??,if you have,you burn it with dvd decrypter

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Clone CD is what I use to backup my games. I did use alcohol 120 before, but had troubles booting my games in my ps2. This was because the lowest burning speed I could go at on alcohol was 8x, and that is way to fast to burn games in my opinion. Clone CD allows you to burn at 1x; this is the speed I burn all of my games at.

It shouldn't stop half way through the process, so I would say the problem is the disc you are trying to backup is scratched or something. Or maybe like hursty said, the image file you are trying to burn could be corrupt?? Has this happened when you tried to backup any other games in the past? Try a different program and let us know if it works

5. clouser

clouser Guest

i just use nero works like a charm even on my scrached to hell games.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2005
  6. nuttin_88

nuttin_88 Regular member

thanks a lot guys clone cd worked like a charm its so easy to use too and it burned mercenaries with no problems. This is a great program and im going to purchase it thanks again.

7. invader84

invader84 Member

hey guys i just downloaded rival schools 2 _jap ntsc for psx.
    i burnt the cue with alcohol on 2x speed on my tdkgold cd. it loads the ps logo (my ps2 is modded with a chip that can play ntsc n pal perfectly, then it goes to a screen with japanese writing i click select and then it freezes from there. it's defrinetly not a laser problem?

8. shujin04

shujin04 Member

do you need a mod chip for backed up ps1 games on ps2?

9. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

No, you can use a softmodding technique, such as using Action Replay to boot your ps1 games in your ps2. But you need some tool to pull your cd/dvd rom tray out, such as a slide card.

10. shujin04

shujin04 Member

what's soft modding and action replay? sorry, but i'm brand new to modding.

Is it possible to take all the disks from something like a final fantasty ps1 game and fit them on to one dvd and have it work properly?

11. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest