1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Programme Crash (Cyberlink PowerProducer)

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by bingo108, Sep 12, 2007.

1. bingo108

bingo108 Member

hi all,
    i have a Sony DCR-SR90E HDD Camcorder. i have recently transfered all movie file ova to my computer via USB (dont have firewire port). and i use a programme called power producer to make DVD. however when i go to add the camcorders movie files the programme freezes and have to end task through task manager.

one other strange thing i had notices, if the camcorder movie clip is very short (say couple of minutes) it will add clip to power producer with no problem, only when the clips pretty long power producer crashes. but then when i add a .avi file movie, over an hour, power producer has no problems and add it ready to burn.

any ideas on wat the problem is and how to resolve??

cheers!

2. utjk2006

utjk2006 Member

when u transfer the video clip does it giv you the option to make it an avi file. you could get windows movie maker it works flawlessly for me then after you do what u want with it if it doesnt do what you want you could always use ur program to edit it further. seeing as though it is already on your computer

3. bingo108

bingo108 Member

it doesnt ask me for .avi coz i just copy and paste from the camcorder to my computer hard drive. also tried windows movie maker but still get same problem.
    (i got windows vista ultimate)

4. utjk2006

utjk2006 Member

im not familiar with vista but i use movie maker and it works great i just turn my camera on and go to capture video and then hit play on the camera and it works great it could be vista messing up or something im not sure sorry i couldnt help you more