1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"programming error

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by kranecu, Oct 5, 2004.

1. kranecu

kranecu Member

Hey guys. I am up to 150 dvds. I just use dvd shrink. I do have dvd decrypter and nero installed on my computer so I don't know which program is doing the burning. (I don't think it matters) For a DVD-9 movie, it takes me about 15 minutes to encode and 10 minutes to burn. I get great quality and, until recently, no coasters. I only use ritek G04 media (4x dvd-r) and I have:

athlon 2800
    1.2 gb ram
    lite-on 8x burner

Lately, however, I have had issues. (I now have more coasters than cups to put on them) The last 10 dvds that I've copied have screwed up at least once. I usually get an error that says that it dvd shrink couldn't copy to disk but that the files were successfully saved to the hard drive. Then I use dvd shrink again to open those files, shrink them a tad more, and the burn usually goes well. (but at the cost of more time and another disk)

Today, I am trying to back up eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (great movie). The same thing happened. I tried my solution and it still didn't work. This time I got a "programming error" right when I started encoding. Nero, dvd shrink, and dvd decrypter are the newest versions (not beta). Now, even if I start from scratch, I get the programming error. After reading this thread, I tried the dvd decrypter, dvd shrink combo punch... dvd decrypter did its part but dvd shrink just crashed to the desktop again. To rule out corruption of one of my programs or a problem with my computer, I copied another movie (just with shrink) and it worked fine. Is this movie using some new, space age, encrypting technology? (this reminds me - my recent problems have been with new releases)

sorry, this is a double post.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2004
  2. zippyd

zippyd Regular member