1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Programs freeze when reading DVD

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by ds2004, Aug 30, 2004.

1. ds2004

ds2004 Member

I have two different DVD backup programs freezing up on me when I go to read the DVD. One is 123 Copy DVD. The other is from a company that no longer has support for its products.

I load the program, insert DVD, and hit the button to start reading. When I do this, I hear the DVD drive stop, and the program just freezes up.

I apparently still can do everything else with the DVD drive, such as burn SVCDs and watch DVDs, so I don't know what exactly is happening that would flub these two programs up.

Maybe someone has an idea as to what may be going on?

It was suggested to me on another forum that this could be caused by registry problems. I've cleaned my registry several times with two different programs, and the problem still occurs.

Anyway, if anyone can help me fix this, I can offer cash via paypal or a gmail invite. I really need to get this working again.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2004
  2. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Well, I'll give it a go in getting you going. As far as sending money goes, if it works out, don't send money to me ... make a donation to AD.

For starters, you need to post some system specs so we can make sure you can support the project. What is your CPU/speed, Amt memory, hard drive/free space, type of DVD burner, and operating system?

Then download DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink from this site. See if you are able to at least rip with these programs.

Also, download Nero InfoTools. We'll discuss what to do with this when you post the other information.
    http://www.nero.com/en/631940826989307.html

_X_X_X_X_X_[small].
    [​IMG]

You can observe a lot by watching.
    (Yogi Berra 1925 - )[/small]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2004
  3. ds2004

ds2004 Member

It's working now! No idea why.

Thanks anyway.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member