1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progressive Scan Display

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by fnapolit, Oct 14, 2004.

1. fnapolit

fnapolit Member

I recently puchased the JVC M303 home theater, which has a progressive scan dvd player built into it. My tv (27" Panasonic) says it supports progressive input via component. I know it does b/c I recently had a panasonic branded dvd, had it attached and set it to progressive output and it worked. Now I have the exact same setup with this new player, but when I set it to progressive output the image goes out of synch (the image spins from left to right). Player works fine in interlace mode but not in progressive. Wondering if there is a compatibility issue with the two brands. Any info would be useful.

2. jeffery04

jeffery04 Guest

I have a Toshiba sd 4900 dvd player w/ p-scan. I bought a 24" Sony WEGA w/ component video inputs. I got the right cables and connected them according to manuals, but when I set the dvd player to progressive scan mode, all I got was a screen full of diagonal lines. I'm also thinking compatability problems. Anyone have some info? Thanks