1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progressive Scan Xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by viss61, May 9, 2004.

1. viss61

viss61 Member

Hey I was wondering if it was possible to get xbox to play dvd movies in progressive scan. It seems as though it should be possible since the games can be played. Just an idea.

2. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

good question. I'd like to know as well.
    Bump.

3. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

I'm not sure how old this patch is, but go here for an original xbox dash progressive scan patch. It's supposed to allow progressive scan dvd playback as well. I haven't patched the dash with it yet, but I'm assuming it will work. There's also another patcher on that page that patches .xbe files to convert them to progressive scan (such as the hitman games, etc). Again, I don't know what will or won't work with these, but if they do, it's just what I was looking for. Make backups before you patch.

4. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Just wondering if you buy one of those Samsung drives from Divineo will that play in progressive scan?

5. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

Nah, it won't do anything for progressive scan output. The DVD playback software (or whatever is in control of dvd output) is responsible for the progressive signal. Actually, in that respect, I have no idea what I'm talking about :p. But I do know for sure that the dvd drive has nothing to do with video output resolutions.