1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Snowblind problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by fireman30, Mar 19, 2005.

1. fireman30

fireman30 Member

Ok, V7 Ps2 with swap magic. Sony DVD burner and Verbatim DVD+r media. I used DVD decrypter to rip and Alcohol 120% to burn at the slowest speed it would allow. Game boots and allows you to select game type and everything. But when you tell it to start game, it goes to the "put in ps2 disc" red screen. Can anyone tell me where I have went wrong or what I should do different?

2. nelberto

nelberto Member

I had loads of coasters with this game,but finaly got it workin--------Use dvd decrypter to burn @ the lowest speed and i used ridisc for media and then it worked fine

3. steimy

steimy Active member

I have heard that many people are having that same problem. Is your Swap Magic the old 2.0 or the new 3.3 (well actually DVD is 3.0)?
    I know i also have a Sony burner (DRU-700A) and i used Phillips 8X DVD-R discs and they worked fine. I also have a V7 PS2 & Swap Magic 3.3
    You may want to try a -R disc and i alway use DVD Decrypter to both copy to hard drive and then burn to a disc. Also the other site i was on said that they used DVD Loader in order to get it working right, which if you don't know is used with Swap Magic in the following way.

Load in Swap Magic DVD
    When it wants a disc SWAP for DVD Loader
    When it wants a disc PRESS EJECT and load Swap Magic again
    when it asks for a disc put in your back up.

4. jonels

jonels Regular member

i have swap magic dvd 2.0 and have to use cdloader/dvdloaderv7all option beta five or cdloaderv7 5.2 reset iop always.. to avoid the rsod

note when loading a fresh game you will get a black screen for up to half a minute before it goes

5. nelberto

nelberto Member

were do u get a dvd loader from ??

6. steimy

steimy Active member

http://members.cox.net/candrid2/index.html
    here you go. Just burn it to a DVD and follow the instructions above with a slight modification.
    when you load DVD Loader press X to enter the options screen and choose one of the options mentioned by jonels, most people i have seen use the Reset IOP Always option, if it doesn't have that use the other. Whichever works.

7. mjonz20

mjonz20 Member

:EDIT: misread the post...sorry :(

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005