1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proper procedure for deleting files?????

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by joeyz123, Jan 23, 2005.

1. joeyz123

joeyz123 Member

Ive searched, but I didnt see anything that tells the proper procedure for deleting DVD files out of the temporary folder that you create when making a backup. Is simply clicking on the file and deleting it acceptible or do I need to take additional steps to complete clear the file off of my hard drive? Thanks

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I am not sure if you mean the quick initial analyzing file or the entire movie files.When it comes to dvd files,there are many so here it goes:

Here is how I do it on windows xp home: my computer,click on hard drive where they should be/,documents and settings/all users/tools/folder options/view/tick the show hidden files and folders-click ok./application data/dvd shrink's analyzing files should be there for the removal.

After you highlight and click whatever files you want to delete,if you redo that backup again later down the road-it will have to redo the quick analyzation again.

Now if you want to get rid of the entire dvd file,go to the drive you have them stored on,right click on that folder,and if is a very large movie and too large for recycling bin,then tic "yes to all" to get rid of it.

If this don't help,just come on back

3. joeyz123

joeyz123 Member

Sorry..........I used DVD-X Copy platinum in the past until I found this forum and once I scanned and burned a movie I believe that it would automatically remove the movie from my HD, as I didnt really need the file anymore since I had already burned it. Thats what Im trying to do. When I mention the temp folder, Im talking about the one that Scuba Pete mentions in him instructions on setting up DVD shrink/Decryptor. I dont want to leave the DVD on my HD after Im done burning it to a DVD-R, so The first time that I did it, I just right clicked on the DVD file which was "Dawn of the Dead" and hit delete. When I did that it told me it was too big to send to the Recycle Bin, but it gave me the option to click YES and delete it anyways, so I did. Is that all that needs to be done to remove the file? Thanks for your help.

JOEYZ

4. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

joeyz

hey if you use DVDShrink then DVDDecypter to burn.........

you can setup DVDDecypter to delete Image when done burning....here's how

1. open up DVDDecypter go to>>>>>>>>tools
    2. Settings>>>>>>>>>>
    3. ISO Write Tab>>>>>>>>
    4. look down the left side pane>>>>
    5. check mark the 4th box down (under options)
    "Delete the image when done"
    6. ok there you go>>>>>>>>>>

don't know about you but i put a folder, on my desktop, called ALL MY DVD WORK, so all this would be easier to find, if i don't use DVDDecypter in the
    above method, i just open up this folder and delete
    the files.

you can also right click, on the start button and
    highlight..Explore then scroll down the list and you
    should see either a DVDMovie folder or The Name of the
    Movie you just did, click on the + sign next to it,
    then it will open up the files, highlight them and delete............

good luck good day

5. joeyz123

joeyz123 Member

Ah Ha.............thats exactly what I was wanting to do. Thanks for your help guys.

JOEYZ

6. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

ok let us know if your fixed up
    welcome to AD.............

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005