1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protect mode sony hi-fi

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by duanem5, Dec 16, 2004.

1. duanem5

duanem5 Member

My sony mini hi-fi is in protect mode and i cant get it out it is mode number LBTW5000 Its a nice unit for what i need. what can i do to correct this problem.

2. Newuser0

Newuser0 Guest

Hi there. I had the same problem; you can read my post below. The only thing that helped me is to completely remove the cover, since it was probably having heat related issues. I had it locked up in a cabitet behing glass doors with a dvd player on top. I learned my lesson.

You may want to check if you have adequate ventilation aroung your unit, especially the top. I have been reading that some sony receivers are susceptible to heat. Also check that no part of your speaker wire is touching any other part of the unit case, except fot the speaker input jacks.

3. goose2000

goose2000 Member

Hi, the most common reasons for an amp of any sort to go into protect mode would be down to: Overheating, shorting out, being driven hard with shit speakers with dodgy connections, Ohmage or Power ratings. Dust is also a nasty bastard when the unit becomes full of it, also causing overheating and lastly sometimes the unit will require resetting as the software can become unstable.
    This is what i know from past experiences