1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protected Movies, what do i do?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by peniles, Oct 17, 2004.

1. peniles

peniles Member

so i tried making a back up of cabin fever using dvd x copy, and usualy i dont have problems copying movies, but the program wont let me make copies of certain movies... is there a solution for this problem?

bonus question: movies like passion of the christ, if i put english subtitles on, will they be the default subtitles, or do i actualy have toggle them on?

Btw, can you tell im a newb? thanks.

2. Samantha

Samantha Member

Use Shrink or DVD Decrypter. Shrink decrypts and shrinks the movie while DVD Decrypter just decrypts.

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I use dvdxcopy platinumRF with AnyDvd & DVD43. I have not had any dvds beat me yet! Not sure about the subtitle question. If I were you, I would just try it. I recommend that you use RW discs. I use Imation 4X +RW media. Have not had a failure yet. I have found this forum absolutely priceless. The lengths that these guys go to in order to help is amazing. Scuba Pete, Vurbal, Nephilim & DrChips are all cool chaps. They get my respect. I love to experiment with different software & different methods. By doing this & playing around, I now have lots of ways to copy movies. I have learned loads through trial & error. I like to jump in with both feet! (Hence RW media)

4. peniles

peniles Member

first of you are so right, this forum rocks! i love it. and thanks a lot you guys for answering my questions, one more thing, i was wondering where i can get a hold of rf, i have platinum, and i dont wanna pay for the upgrade damn i hate money! (forgive me money you know i love you.) yeah can you point me in the right direction? pls!!!!!!

5. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I also have Alcohol 120%, Nero 6.6 reloaded (new version)& DVD shrink. My favourite is dvdxcopy platinumRF for copying/compressing films. Alcohol & Nero for copying copies. I have just started using DVD shrink again after a short break. I just want to be able to use it proficiently! Practice makes perfect.

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I don't think you will get the RF version for free. I paid for Platinum, AnyDvd & Alcohol. I didn't mind paying for stuff. I have had very few problems with Platinum. I really like it. I think RF version is still available & is better than the previous. But I think you will have to pay for it. If I were you I would have a go with Shrink & decrypter & the guides in here are spot on. Along with good media, Ritek, Datawrite etc & patience, you will go far.

7. peniles

peniles Member

thanks pulsar il definatly look into those programs!

8. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

I have both Platinum and the RF version. I wish I did not waste the money. The only good thing I recieved from them is I found may way to afterdawn.com. Save your money. If you want to spend money there is better software. After all 321 Stuidos will never update Platium. But Shrink and DVD Decrypter are free and they ROCK! I backed up 102 DVD last month. Try it they are free. What do you have to lose.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    DELL Dimension 8300 XP Pro SP2
    Pentium 4 3.2GHz HT 1GB DDR SDRAM
    2x160GB RAID 0 SATA HDD
    16xDVD-ROM 8xDVD DL+R/+R/+RW
    19" LCD. Dolby 5.1[/small]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  9. peniles

peniles Member

thanks rroettger!
    i think that im gonan start using decrypt and shrink, they sound like kick ass proggies!