1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protected Music Burning?!?!

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by Ryawhtny4, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Ryawhtny4

Ryawhtny4 Member

Does anyone know how I can burn protected music?
    when I go to burn it, Roxio easy cd creator 5, it says i do not have burning rights to the music. Does anyone know how I could take the protection off or get around it to burn?

2. Woz

Woz Regular member

If you use Clone CD to make an image then burn it to blank media it should work. Let me know how you get on.

Woz

3. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

The New windows media player 10 will rip music files,
    and remove the protections.
    its free and a good upgrade.

Good luck

4. Ryawhtny4

Ryawhtny4 Member

I was talking about burning downloaded songs (napster trial) ,not ripping from cd's

yea i had already posted this in another section to get the most responses possible, the only thing that worked for me was using tunebite to re-record the songs w\ protection. worked perfect just took time

5. chesty

chesty Guest

Say what kind of music are you listening to ?

I'm just curious.

I have boxes of copied cds i generated with my computer and the majority of cds that i listen to is old rock and roll dities like black sabbath led zeppelin yes and pink floyd.

I also have a pretty sizable fusion jazz collection.

I HAVE NOT EVER RUN INTO A MUSIC CD THAT WAS COPY PROTECTED AND COULD NOT RIP INTO MP3S OR 1:1 COPIES OF FULL SIZE CD WAVE FILES.

I USE NERO ALL OF THE TIME.

THE ONLY MESSAGE I EVER GET FROM THE NERO PROGRAM IS THE ORIGINAL CD BEING BURNED IS COPYRIGHTED AND IT MAKES A PERFECT 1:1 COPY OF THE ORIGINAL CD.

I ALSO HAVE A SONY AND HHB PRO CD RECORDER THAT HAS A SERIAL COPY RIGHT MANAGEMENT FREE INPUT JACK IN BOTH OF THEM AND I CAN BURN A CD WITHOUT ANY ANTI COPYING FLAGS AND I CAN MAKE UNLIMITED COPIES FROM THE CDR COPY.

I CAN DO ESSENTIALY THE SAME THINGS WITH THE NERO BURNING PROGRAM.

DITTO FOR MY EASY CD RIPPER PROGRAM.

I DON'T GET IT.

6. Ryawhtny4

Ryawhtny4 Member

The music is not on cd's, it was downloaded off napster w\ their 30 day trial
    with the trial you get unlimited downloads, but all the music is protected so you can only listen to it while you still have a subscription and you cannot burn it to cd's

7. chesty

chesty Guest

Isn't napster a pay for a download for a $1 website?

That would make it a commercial music download site.

That's even worse than people sharing their legally bought music on the internet via file sharing.

So what you are basically try to tell me is that you are so cheap you are doing something that is close to outright theft of somebody else's subscribtion service depending what a person's morality is.

I can almost see why in the united states why the riaa and the mpaa feels like they have the moral high ground in sueing people for an average of $4000 for illegal downloading.

This is just an observation.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2005
  8. Repoman89

Repoman89 Member

^Quit your preaching, not everyone has the god damn money. So shut the hell up.

Anyway, I've never actually tried to remove the copy protections, but I do have a solution if you don't care about losing quality. What you can do is get a 1/8in to 1-8in cable and go from audio out directly to the line in. It may take some time but you can then play the files and re-record to wav or something at the same time with Audacity. I don't know if you want to go through the hassle when you can just go to p2p, but it will certainly work.

edit: actually, assuming you have a good soundcard and get a decent cable, you may lose hardly any quality at all.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2005
  9. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I've never heard of something like that (burning rights to music for an mp3? WTF?)

I would suggest NOT using Roxio Easy CD Creator. I don't think it's the music that you downloaded. It has to be something with the program (are you on a trial version?) The music industry doesn't have special protection on a mp3 (at least not that I know of.) What has the protection is the disc itself.

If Roxio wouldn't work (why am I not suprised) then use another Windows Media Player or Winamp.

10. Ryawhtny4

Ryawhtny4 Member

no no no, all of you

im on a napster 30 day trial, its unlimited downloads, they are all WMA files with the protection. since i did not purchase napster and im only on a trial the protection only lets me listen to it on my computer, not burn it or convert it or anything. Roxio is not the problem, its because the files were protected, i have tried nero, wmp, winamp, and many other programs. There is no way to remove the protection on the files. The is why i used Tunebite. Tunebite does not convert the files or take off the protection since that is impossible, it merely re-records the song that plays perfectly to mp3 so i now have 2 copies of each song, one protected WMA and one MP3. www.tunebite.com
    quit your bitching it is all COMPLETELY legal.

11. newguy45

newguy45 Member

i got the same god damned problem

12. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

I have never tried but ANYdvd says It removes cd audio protection.

Good luck :)

13. andmerr

andmerr Guest

WELL STOP IT THEN, you have spammed this over 4 sections of the forum.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/158788

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/158787

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/158786

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/190312

@ chesty
    Newbie ::::::: so i gather you are shouting only half the time.
    (turn the caps off when you post messages, this is classified as rudeness and is stated in the forum rules)

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2005
  14. newguy45

newguy45 Member

ty but we need something to get the music on the disk not off the disk

15. andmerr

andmerr Guest

what software package came with your burner?

16. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

it seems you have plenty of replies, next time there is a reply to one of the other threads ask them to join this one so we can clean up the mess. and please do not post the same things across multiple forums, you end up spending more time fishing for good information that needed.

wow, did anyone notice how nice i was about that?? 6 months ago i would have just banned the guy and closed them all. anger management really works!! :)

17. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ darthnip:

Think your just mellowing in your oldish age darth,[bold]!!!!!!!![/bold]

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2005
  18. newguy45

newguy45 Member

sorry guy this is the first form im posted in...

19. andmerr

andmerr Guest

tell me about your system and we can try from scratch if you like

20. newguy45

newguy45 Member

yes, my system is runing on windows xp home edition i got road runner 250 gigs of memery to fill and nortan antivirus 2005. im useing the free trial verson of napster i downloaded loas of songs but i want 2 burn thim to a disk but there protected by a drm...