1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protection error...casablanca

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Atmos, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Atmos

Atmos Member

I am having a problem with dvd shrink only with the movie Casablanca, it says that its some kind of protection error and cannot continue. Usually if this hapens, i can use decrypter and then shrink, with the ignore read errors ticked on, however decrypter didnt work this time with casablanca either. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Download the trial version of Anydvd and run it behind Shrink. That usually helps in some cases.

Jerry

3. Atmos

Atmos Member

I have the trial period of AnyDvd and I have it open in the background if thats what you mean by running? But this doesnt make any difference either with decrypter. Shrink didnt work either, but this time it said cyclic redundancy check instead of copywrite error.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The CRC error is usually from a dirty or damaged original disc. Clean the disc good and check for bad scratches. If you get that when burning it could be from cheap/poor quality bank media.

Jerry

5. Atmos

Atmos Member

Ok, thanks for your help i knew the crc meant bad disc and i think i figured out that the whole problem was with the disc, and its in pretty bad shape. It was just the copyright error that threw me.