1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protection from the RIAA?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by bigtaco, Dec 30, 2004.

1. bigtaco

bigtaco Member

From what I understand the RIAA is only targeting people who have a substantial amount of files out on the network, for now. Another thing I found out is that it is not illegal to download but its the files you make available to others that get you into trouble. This gave me an idea... Why not keep all music files on an external hard drive. Download new files to one folder on another hard drive and only turn on the external to move the newly downloaded files to it every so often. This would mean that using torrents, only the files you are activley downloading at the moment would be seen on the network and to the RIAA. Does this seem like a good idea or am I crazy?

2. buraku

buraku Member

actually, this is a very shitty and sorry idea. IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO SHARE THEN DON'T DOWNLOAD! it's not right that everyone else should risk their necks so that you get free files.

3. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

thats not the esscence of p2p:(

4. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

I still think that someone should invent a sharring virus that has nothing to do with PSP applications. lets just say that there was a "virus" or what ever you would call it, out there. This "virus" would scan peoples HD for mp3 files etc.... looking for files to share. It would then connect directly to a P2P network and start sharing various files from the victims computer. Once this "virus" infected mass quantities of computers including that of RIAA reps. and hopefully some members of congress, lawsuits would start unexpectanly pop up with them being listed as defendents. That would immediatly become a defence to them and could always be a defense to others that actually do share. Surley If some unsuspecting members of congress where added to the list of thousands sued by the RIAA it would really ruffle some feathers. And if anyone says "your still responsible for what your computer does". I disagree, after all it would finally be up to that judge that was hit by the same "virus" that you were.

5. ag22

ag22 Regular member

IDEA!

Get a great programmer or hacker that can somehow hack into Googles homepage. Put a virus in there that scans the CPU for files in iTunes. And then when people search for songs on iTunes, if thats a song that the virus scanned, it automatically downloads the song to the HD. Its brilliant, brilliant.

6. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

is that not what i just said?