1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protron DVD Player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Mischael, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Mischael

Mischael Member

I have a protron dvd player, I can connect the sound but i can't connect it to get video i have a samsung Plasma TV

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Why? How are you trying to connect the video? Yellow composite cable, or s-video, or red, green, and blue component cables, or DVI, or HDMI?

You need to tell us SOMETHING.............

3. Mischael

Mischael Member

Yellow Composite sorry about that,

4. JVC

JVC Active member

Are you changing the input of the tv, to Video 1, or whatever number of the input you're using?

5. Mischael

Mischael Member

Yeah I think the problem though is the connection, I have the Protron home theater system and I hook up the sound right but I didn't hook the video to the back of the DVD player right i think, its the model PDS 2315

6. JVC

JVC Active member

I'm sure there's only one way to hookup a yellow rca composite cable for the video. It should go into the yellow video out, on back of dvd player, into yellow video in, on back of tv. Then set tv to the input number you used, and that should be it.

7. Mischael

Mischael Member

the problem is that yellow out seems to be on the same level as the composite but i'll try it

8. Mischael

Mischael Member

Okay when i connect it to the composites it works promblem is no color so i need to find a different way to connect it to my AV1

9. JVC

JVC Active member

I don't understand what you're saying.
    The yellow rca cable IS composite.

Ok.......I re-read your first post, and now realize you have a plasma tv. Sorry I forgot that earlier.
    Your dvd player should have component video outputs, color coded Red, Blue, and Green. Use a component cable (also color coded Red, Blue, and Green) to connect to the tv. It also has rca connectors, on the ends. Component cables will give you the best possible picture from your dvd player. Since you appear to be using an HTIB (home theater in a box) type of surround system, just get the cheapest component cables you can. Wal Mart has some for about $10-$12. No need to but the real expensive ones. The tv should automatically detect that you're using component cables, as long as you have it on the right input. Most tv remotes have an "Input" button, so you can go through the different inputs.

Is the dvd player separate from the A/V receiver, or is it built into it? If it's separate, you'll need a digital coax or optical cable, for the audio, to run from dvd player to receiver. It's the only way to get 5.1 surround. Using the red and white rca cables, will only give you Pro Logic (simulated surround).

If the dvd player is built in with the receiver, you should only need to run the video cables to the tv. The surround audio should be available, without extra cables.

It's kinda hard explaining all this, without seeing the outputs and inputs you have, on the receiver and tv. If you use the component cables, as suggested, it will be better to set the dvd player to progressive scan, if available. If progressive scan isn't available on your player, don't worry about it.

If you set this up like this, and it still doesn't work, double check all the setup menus, in the receiver and the tv, to make sure everything is set right.

One more thing...........
    I'm not sure about an HTIB, but if the dvd player is separate from the receiver, you'll probably need to go into the player's setup menus, and set the audio output to "Bitstream", or "Raw", or "Digital On" (Whichever the wording is), to get 5.1 surround sound.
    Again........good luck!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  10. Mischael

Mischael Member