1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proven -R Media/Cheap Player Combo?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by F43, Feb 27, 2005.

1. F43

F43 Member

Hello :)

I know there are MANY variables to making a backup that will ALWAYS play on a standlone player...but after much frustration, what are some known combinations of quality media brands and cheap (under $40) standalone players? BTW, I guess the one constant in all of this would be use of Shrink/DVDD.

BTW, I currently have a stack of Fuji 8X -R disks (Made in Japan) that I hoping I can use, what would be a good standalone player for these? Please note I am currently have some stuttering/skipping problem with these that are non-compressed and burned at only 2X while playing back on my Akai DVM-9500 5 disk DVD changer, my only player...

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Most of the cheaper stand alones today will play both + and - formats. You want a player that features "progressive scan". These are said to be better at playing dvdr backups.

Those fuji -8x should be some good media. Those fancier/more expensive dvd players seem to have more trouble playing dvdr's.

I got my last sony player last year at wal-mart because I had the same trouble on my tv home burner.Wal-mart is a great place,if you get that player home and it won't play those fuji's,they will gladly take it back for a replacement.