1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

proxy.blacknet.biz and ssh - anonymity?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Nozza, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Nozza

Nozza Member

I've noticed a service called proxy.blacknet.biz

They offer an encrypted SSH tunnel and socks5 proxy. Would that hide my IP from peers whilst using a bit torrent client?

I'm not all then clued up about networking. I'm aware that merely using a proxy with say uTorrent doesn't hide your IP from anyone other than the tracker. But I'm not sure about SSH. It sounds like it would hide the nature of the traffic from the ISP but I'm not sure about the peers.

Anyone know anything about this? I used to use Relakks but it was terribly slow and now seems to have gone down or something.

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

3. Nozza

Nozza Member

Yes I realise it hides the nature of the traffic etc from your ISP or school or whatever but does it necessarily hide your IP from the peers in the torrent?

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

No matter what method you use or what software you run, when it is all said and done anyone on the internet you connect to has the ability to see your IP address. So if your connected to 80 peers on a Torrent seed then all 80 of them can see your IP and you can see the IP of all 80 of them.