1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proxy server program

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by ajf81280, Mar 31, 2012.

1. ajf81280

ajf81280 Member

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of a good proxy server program where I can somehow select what part of the US I want to be in. I have an mlb.tv subscription and it thinks I am in saint louis even though I am in higginsville mo, which is about 30 minutes away from kansas. Needless to say they are wrongfully blocking out my cardinals games because over on this side of the state they host the royals on FSN midwest. Calling MLB does not fix the problem and I would like to not have to use a proxy server through a website every time I want to watch the games. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. leonidus2012

leonidus2012 Member

anonymous vps is great
    you can also try a service like hidemyass, surf-anon, etc

3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

I would guess a subscription service will be tied to ip in some way?

4. ajf81280

ajf81280 Member

vps worked great. And no i dont think it is ps because I have had it before and used it while in florida and in kansas.

5. leonidus2012

leonidus2012 Member

Yes, but you can change the ip at any time with one click.

6. oledawg

oledawg Member

I have used BTguard, based in Canada for a year with no problems. They offer several levels of proxies and free or by-subscription VPN service.
    I needed more bandwidth for my paid-subscription VPN service, so I switched to one more local to my area.

I would recommend avoiding HideMyAss, because late last year, after 4 months into an annual subscription, they deemed me an 'undesirable' and locked me out.

After several weeks of attempting to contact their so-called 'superior' support team, they finally replied with a cryptic message, "There has been an incident of a 'sharing violation'".
    I have no idea what they mean by that, much less the circumstances, like when and where this so-called 'violation' occurred.

Just before they cancelled my subscription, I was downloading quite a bit of software from Sourceforge, all Linux-based open source, but I never have had a problem using open source sites such as AfterDawn, CNet and others, but naturally, that was before and after switching to BustMyAss. Before then I was using my VPN account with BTguard and after PainInMyAss, I am using 'HotSpot Shield' Elite VPN service.

I cannot even get a refund for the unused portion of my subscription from NailMyAss, they have banished me, probably forever, for no discernable cause.

In hindsight, I consider myself fortunate that they even told me why.
    In my opinion, they are a criminal activity posing as a legitimate enterprise.

By the way, I suspect they are closely related to another semi-legitimate company, Time Warner, who has a virtual monopoly in my area and as much as I would like to drop them, I cannot just now.

7. jerryAddon

jerryAddon Member

Easy Internet Sharing Proxy Server is a windows proxy server software to help you share Internet connection within the LAN easily

8. emanX

emanX Member

Have you considered the “Tor Network”? It is open source but don’t let that scare you off. It has been remarkably effective for years and has a stellar reputation. Poor unfortunates who suffer under the yoke of Marxist tyranny swear by it.

We should have a rating system for these things. But instead of stars we should use concentration camp icons. The more effective the product the fewer camps it is awarded with a no camp rating being the best possible score.

I shouldn’t joke because authoritarian governments all over the world are seeking to shackle the Information Superhighway too. Even counties considered to be enlighten democracies are now censoring and criminalizing on-line behaviors.

Cyber bulling, cyber sex and cyber crime; virtual representations of events that never really happen in the physical world but those labor camps in China aren’t virtual. The crimes of the inmates might be virtual but their misery is quite real.

www.torproject.org