1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps 13 fuse blown how do i replace pPs2 fuses!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sandy10, Jun 28, 2007.

1. sandy10

sandy10 Member

How do i replace a fuse as i have been messing with my Ps2 and something went pop.
    On closer inspection i can see that ps13(unlucky for some!) has blown but how do you get them to come out and where would i get a replacement?
    Cheers

2. ps2wizz

ps2wizz Regular member

the way i used to fix them was by soldering short wires from wither end of the fuse to the ends of a new fuse then tape around it to prevent shorts. Divineo sell them but i used to get them of old ps2 bourds

3. sandy10

sandy10 Member

Are the fuses easily found,are they components that would be used on everyday electrical items.
    What i mean is i've rang a local computer repairer who does alot of work with boards,electrics etc. and he seemed pretty confident that he would be able to sort it.Are the fuses specific to the Ps2 or can you use something similar.
    I would be really greatful for some positive input or if not does anyone know of a forum that deals with the technical side in more depth.
    Cheers.

4. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

You should be able to get the fuse from any electrical hardware shop. But make sure that you get one of the correct rating, you can also purchase them only by searching for SMD(Surface Mount Device) Fuses. Hope that helps.