1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS/2 Back-up help! w/ MGS3, Matrix, Shadow Hearts, XIII

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by soadtool, May 2, 2005.

1. soadtool

soadtool Member

Greetings!

This is my first time posting on the Afterdawn forum but I figured if anyone could help me it would be here. I usually come here with all my PS2 back-up problems and find an answer right away. However, after some searching, I cannot find an answer to my back-up problems with the following games:

1) Enter the Matrix
    2) Metal Gear Solid 3
    3) Shadow Hearts
    4) XIII

I have had much success backing up many of my PS2 games but these are giving me difficulties.

Enter the Matrix stops at the loading screen and will not progress any further. The screen is still active but nothing happens. Both Shadow Hearts and XIII give me a black screen after swapping out with DVDSwap 3.3. Metal Gear Solid 3 does something pretty weird. I get the game to work but I cannot get past the menu screen. No matter what option I choose (i.e. New Game, Load Game, Options) the game recycles to the 'push start button' screen.

Has anyone had any of these issues before and successfully resolved them? Please let me know if you have I would be very grateful!

Also, I am using Ridata DVD+R disks and usually burning at 2x.

Thanks for all your help!!!!

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

i had no problems what so ever with Metal Gear Solid 3 worked fine 1st time burned at x4, Shadow Hearts
    also works fine ( i think that was burned at x2), Enter the Matrix i dont know i don have it to try same with xiii, what version is your ps2?

3. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

For mgs3 your pressing the wrong button.
    The controls are switched for the MGS series.
    X is the cancel button.
    Try pressing 'circle' instead.

4. soadtool

soadtool Member

Thank you Jizmak! I'll try that when I get home and it should work.

And p4_tt... thanks for responding!! I believe I have a V5/V6 PS2.