1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS 2 Format HD Convert Back To Fat 32 Format problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Hipphead, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Hipphead

Hipphead Member

Ok so here is my Problem I had a working Maxtor 40 gig 7200 rpm with it being PS 2 formated with my HD Loader. Everything was great use Winhiip to do the tranfers between PC and PS 2 I got a bigger HD for my PS 2 so I wanted to put the 40 gig back in my PC so I used winhiip to format the drive and ever since than it is corupt I can't do a thing with it. Is there a way to format it to fix it?? I have gone to Maxtor and useed some of there tools but that just a error code "caa49870"? Please point me in the right direction!!!

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

did you try the fdisk command? Or, do you have windows xp?

3. Hipphead

Hipphead Member

Ya for sure I have tryed to use ! My Bio's see's it. The Maxtor PowerMax gives me a diagnostic Code CAA49870 I don't know!

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what does fdisk tell you?

5. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

you could also try plugging ONLY that HDD into the computer and starting it with your windows XP disk in. It should then allow you to format right from boot up.

6. captgimpy

captgimpy Member

I am having the same problem execpt for my bios is not detecting the drive

7. spckwol

spckwol Member

I did this once. Re-formatted the HD after having it PS2 formatted. We tried to format it a few times getting all the way to 99% before freezing using a windows ME disk. The disk did show up in windows showing a 0MB capacity. Formatted the drive using windows, worked fine. Let me know if this helps.