1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps 2 modd

Discussion in 'PS2' started by 2phase, May 23, 2007.

1. 2phase

2phase Member

Can anyone help me out with modding a ps 2? I trying installing a duo 3 gold chip and the console didn't work no more. Do I have to doing anything to get it to work after the instalation? I think it should of loaded the cd after instalation.

I want to try it again. I dont want to use the same chip, it may be messed up. So I'm thinking of getting the Dms 3 se modd chip and try it again. Will this chip work on back up disks after I install it and is this the right chip to buy?

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!

2. 2phase

2phase Member

sorry it a ps 2 slim v12

3. piggy2

piggy2 Member

You need to find online manual for the modchip and follow instruction.

If you going to try different chip, make sure the ps2 is working even without modechip.

Older modchip is not compatible with newer ps2. Again, check these thing before ordering new one.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

most chips will not work with back ups just by installing them. They have to be flashed with a BIOS in order to play back ups. This is how they can legally sell them, since without aftermarket hacked firmware (BIOS) they will not do anything illegal.

Duo3 Gold is a good basic mod chip. The DMS4 Pro SE is a bit more high end with a lot more features. But both you will need to flash so start doing some research before you ruin your PS2.

And from the sound of it you might want to send it to a professional to get installed. No offense but you sound like you do not have a clue as to what your doing or how modchips work.

5. 2phase

2phase Member

Thanks for your help. Your right I dont know mod chips.

Where do you get the firmware for the duo 3?

I know you need to flash the dms 4 pro, but do you need to flash the duo 3 too?

6. steimy

steimy Active member