1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS@ & Gameshark method

Discussion in 'PS2' started by perroh, Sep 16, 2003.

1. perroh

perroh Guest

I believe I have a V.5 or 6 PS2 and I'm having a problem loading DVD-copy games like Madden 2004 and FIFA 2003 using the Gameshark swap method. I'm not hitting the eject button or anything, I get the discs switched fine, but the PS2 sounds like its stuck reading the game and doesn't do anything at the "press X to start game" screen from the Gameshark ?? I have a copy of my VF 4 and that worked fine. I've done a search on here and haven't found a thread that solves my problem....any help??!

2. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

YOU'RE NOT HITTING EJECT????

you know you have to do a double swap to boot DVD backups!

you press EJECT at the menu, insert a high TOC original game (e.g. Vice City), then to get the disk to stop spinning you either use the DAVE MIRRA trick to overload it with codes, or you try the "add new code" method. read the tuorials, and if neither of these methods work, you probably have the wrong version of game shark. i know my action replay was too new and wouldn't play DVD-R by either method.

if this doesn't work......use your GS to boot CDloader or Cogswaploader.......insert DVD original game, using EJECT, press x, then swap trick for your backup and press x again.